Super Mario Oreos

Super Mario
Let's a-go! In July 2023, Nabisco released Super Mario Oreos! The flavor is classic, while the cookies have designs with all your favorite Mario characters. Super Mario is one of the most iconic pop culture icons of all time. One thing I've never understood though-how does Bowser kidnap Princess Peach one day, and then go go-karting with her as a friend the next? The world may never know! As established Oreo bloggers, we have high standards. We hope that each Oreo captures the strange, colorful magic of the Mario universe. Let's find out together. We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!
 

Creativity
V- The Mario movie was a summer hit! Mario started hopping on Wrigglers and Yoshis in Super Mario World in 1990and it's no surprise that Nabisco is hopping on this bandwagon now! And I love it. It's fun when people come together to enjoy a pop culture moment. Unfortunately, I can't give full creativity points for such blatant capitalism. Maybe I would be more generous if Nabisco were a little riskier with the flavors.

B- I agree with V. The timing for Super Mario Oreos was relevant, however, nothing was done differently besides a mere switcheroo of the cookie stencils - just like they do with the season-themed shapes (looking at you, here, Winter design Oreos, Boo Oreos, and Spring Oreos. While we are on the topic, is there no Summer Oreo??) They at least could have done a different color or colors for the frosting IMO.

Execution
V- Perfect! Seriously! The cookie art on Oreos always looks so crisp! You may find Luigi, Mario, Yoshi, koopas, goombas, Toad, Bowser, Boo, and magical powerups beautifully engraved on each cookie. People are even preserving full sets and selling them on eBay for major cash. You can tell exactly what each character and powerup is. Maybe this is because I've grown up with the Mario universe, but I think it would have been fun if they added some more obscure characters to the mix, like Dry Bones! And I don't mean to start a scene, but Daisy was ROBBED and should have absolutely had her Oreo moment. 

B- I can count on one hand the number of times I have played Mario Kart so I plead the fifth here... And I admit to initially trying to spell Kart with a "C"...

Does it Sparkle?
B- Yes. It is colorful and eye-catching. The cover art is a fun collab of the characters. I wish they would have done a little Rainbow Road action on the side of the package though... Missed opportunity!

V- Yes! The packaging is so colorful. The Oreos are beautiful, and (I've done my research) they tell a story! You may notice that Princess Peach is missing from the bunch and that the Bowser Oreo is extremely rare. Where is she? Does she have to get kidnapped even in the Oreo universe? Or, you may see that Nabisco released limited-edition Princess Peach-themed Oreos. I was not able to get ahold of them, but they are lovely, sprinkle-coated delights! So, perhaps Peach was just busy being a boss and exploring her feminist arc! She is finally getting her own game in March 2024, and we love to see her grow into a dynamic queen! I have so many potential stories for why Nabisco singled her out and it just adds to the fun. 

Pairing 
V- Go back to the basics. It's a classic flavor with fun designs. Pair with a glass of milk and a nostalgic Mario-Kart night with your buds. If you don't like straight milk (like me), do a little spiked tea, coffee, or a light beer. Keep it simple, keep it fun, and hang out near last place until the last lap. That's how you get the blue shell and cruise to first place for the win.

B- Suggestion: Add food coloring to your milk to make this basic pairing more interesting. As the kids say, "less soggy and more slay!" Ok, fine, nobody says that.

Buy Again
B- I wouldn't buy them any more or less than the traditional Oreo. Ultimately, I have my go-to favorites and I prefer the novelty of other flavors.

V- I sure would! I have little ones in my life who love the movie and would love these Oreos. I also want to find a rare Bowser cookie. I see people selling them online for thousands of dollars. 

Overall
B- They're really just the classic Oreos. But if you're a Mario fan, then I imagine you'd pick these off the shelf instead!

V- These are so fun! They are a joy to try and write about. 

Creativity
Execution
Does it Sparkle?
Pairing
Buy Again
Overall

Don't Forget...
Want more Oreos? Follow us on Instagram at werateoreosbv

Comments

  1. Too fun V- I'm going to have to keep on the lookout for these and potentially help you in your search for Bowser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Let's hang out, get some surgical gloves, and go through Oreos!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos