Cookies-N-Cream

Cookies-N-Cream
Nabisco went meta on us! Cookies-n-cream is a popular treat involving sandwich cookies mixed up in ice cream. However, you are usually not even getting real Oreos, just an off-brand! But don't fret. Since February 2023, Nabisco has given us cookies-n-creme Oreos! Are they as good as the local creamery knockoffs? Let's find out! We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!


Creativity
B- Mega Oreo sounds like a fake thing, but it became a real thing in these. Oreo-inception!

V- It's an Oreo-flavored Oreo! I can't call it especially creative, but I do think it's genius. 

Execution
V- There are ups and downs. The cookies are unusually frail, and the triple-creme was a lot for me. But, I appreciate how the filling is softer and creamier even though it seems to be the same vegan concoction we see in almost every other Oreo. I think it was the consistency they were going for. It was just a bit much for me! 

B- I was not expecting to like these, but, I did, in a way... It didn't feel very classic cookies and cream as far as taste, but I appreciated the added sugar factor in the mass of cream. As someone who will eat frosting straight from the container with a spoon, it earned my approval.


Does it Sparkle?
B- The packaging was fun. It definitely popped and had that "wow" factor. When you are trying for epic, then you need *bold* i.e., to be able to see these from way down the aisle. They could have had incorporated some literal sparkle/glitter onto the wrapper but I'm just being picky.

V- Yes! The marketing around these Oreos is truly awesome! The package is like an Alfred Hitchcock film. The black and off-white swirls really pull you in. And then, there is the OREOVERSE! The official Oreo website has Oreo-related minigames you can play to celebrate the cookies-n-creme flavor. I grew up in an era where brands constantly marketed through video games and I love this nostalgia. If you ever got a Backyard Baseball or a coveted Taco Bell's Tasty Temple Challenge floppy in your cereal box, you might want to dunk into Nabisco's Oreoverse!

Pairing 
V- Summer is approaching, so keep the drinks light and fun! Iced coffee had just the right balance of sweetness and bitterness for the cookies-n-creme Oreos.

B- Is putting them into a cookies and cream milkshake too meta? Agree on the coffee part - even black coffee - if one can stomach it.  


Buy Again
B- I may have depending on the day (since my household enjoyed these) but I honestly could not find them again later!

V- I will not. Most of my friends did not care for them, and I usually buy Oreos to share. You might like them though! 

The Ratings!
Creativity
Execution
Does it Sparkle?
Pairing
Buy Again
Overall

Last but Not Least...
Want more Oreos? Follow us on Instagram at werateoreosbv



Comments

  1. As a fellow icing-from-the-tub glutton, I expected to love these but just didn’t! I agree with V here. Too fragile, too much. Glad I tried, won’t be again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I am just used to Oreos with a little more structure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos