Snickerdoodle!

Snickerdoodle
The Snickerdoodle is arguably more American than apple pie! German and Dutch immigrants first brought these cinnamon cookies to the U.S. during the 19th century. What started as a secret among Amish and Mennonite communities quickly spread to Americans far and wide! In November 2022, Nabisco released its own hot take on the classic Snickerdoodle. Do the Snickerdoodle Oreos do justice to the original product, in all its goodness and simplicity? Let's find out! We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!


Creativity
V- The Snickerdoodle Oreos are a little basic, and that's okay! As much as I love when Nabisco brings us flavors like Swedish Fish and apple cider donut (but NEVER wasabi), sometimes you're just in the mood for a classic. 

B- I think they actually took the classic snickerdoodle up a notch with the addition of the sprinkles. The red and green round sprinkles remind me of the kind of snickerdoodles you see at a holiday cookie exchange. These made me nostalgic for the Christmas parties I went to growing up. 

Execution
B- These were surprisingly (and addictingly) good. They had a great flavor and balance; sweet and cinnamon-y. And the sprinkles gave it an extra texture and sweetness.

V- Oh my gosh! I forgot how good Snickerdoodles can be until I tried the Oreo interpretation! They're really good, you guys! The cookies balance vanilla from the golden Oreos with just the right sprinkling of cinnamon. The creme is all sugar, complete with little sprinkles inside! The whole experience is a happy little sugar rush.

Does it Sparkle?
B- The outside package was nothing fancy. I feel like Nabisco fell short here - like that one year Starbucks decided not to do holiday cups...

V- The package is yellow-brown with snowflakes that are a different shade of yellow-brown? It's odd because snow does not usually start to take on that rich urine color until it's been on the ground for a while. But while I am calling out the package design, the cookie itself is flawless. The brownish cookie, white creme, and red and green flecks all make a beautiful design where every flavor is aesthetically showcased!



Pairing
V- I advise keeping it sweet! Cupcake brand white wine would be nice. If you are doing dryuary, don't drink, or happen to be under 21, Chai tea will also pair beautifully!

B- For me, a sweet pairing seemed to detract some of the sweetness from the cookies. I'd opt to balance with a classic glass of plain milk.  

Buy Again
V- I tried! I cannot find them anywhere! Where are they? They are literally so addicting and they disappeared after barely a month!

B- I also looked and could not find them again! But would have happily purchased more!  

The Ratings!
Creativity
Execution
Does it Sparkle?
Pairing
Buy Again
Overall

Comments

  1. I'll have to try these. They sound delectable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos