Pumpkin Spice

Pumpkin Spice
This past August, Nabisco released pumpkin spice Oreos in honor of cuffing season! In 2003, Starbucks first released the infamous pumpkin spice latte, and we now cannot imagine fall without it. Pumpkin spice is a steadfast cultural stable, and can be found in cookies, ice cream, and even hot dogs once the leaves start changing! Where does Nabisco stand in all of this? Do these Oreos stand out in a sea of similar products? Let's find out! We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!


Creativity
V- As much as I love pumpkin spice, I cannot give milk's favorite cookie many creativity points. With past fall flavors like "maple" and "apple cider donut", pumpkin spice is too much of a trend-follower in comparison. It's already been done, and Nabisco hopped right on that bandwagon!

B- Did they put something in these? I literally could not stop eating them. Seriously. Like a sleeve PER sitting. It apparently activates something in basic white girl DNA. They didn't need creativity to be effective here!

Execution
B- These are sweet but not overly so. I was so glad to find a pumpkin product that was not plastered in nutmeg. Even if you're not a PSL enthusiast, you will probably like these. 

V- They're transportive. Warm cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves make each cookie a holiday treat. They are as heartwarming as they are basic. 


Does it Sparkle?
V- Yes! Fall is, above all things, an aesthetic! And it's a necessary natural process of death and rebirth I guess. But mostly, FALL IS A VIBE! These cookies had to look good to muster crunching leaves, perfect jacket weather, and cozy nights carving pumpkins. The solid orange color is bold, but not unnatural. The pumpkin pie on the packaging gives us a great pairing idea too! Maybe the Great Pumpkin will finally come out this year if we leave some in the pumpkin patch.

B- The cookies' appearance is plain but straightforward. Same with the packaging. I am okay with the no-ruffles approach as they exceeded my expectations overall..  

Pairing
V- Apple cider or mulled wine will compliment the pumpkin spice Oreos beautifully. I am wondering if they would make a good pie crust to go with your favorite holiday pies? 

B- I agree with the warm seasonal beverage pairing. (Or even just coffee). Alternatively, my brain is envisioning them blended up in a pumpkin cheesecake milkshake.


Buy Again?
V- In a heartbeat. It's pumpkin spice, and I am only human.

B- Yes and no. I would absolutely eat these again. But I can't have them in the house because I lack self-restraint. (Note to self: definitely not the time to try and quit caffeine again)

Overall
B- Heck to the yes. Well done, Oreo. These are my favorite so far. 

V- They are a crowd-pleaser! I am okay with taking a break from Oreo's more wild adventures for a little bit, but hoping to see some more creativity soon!

The Ratings!
Creativity
Execution
Does it Sparkle?
Pairing
Buy Again
Overall

Want more Oreos? Follow us on Instagram at werateoreosbv :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos