Pride Oreos

Happy Pride!
In May 2022, Nabisco released special pride-themed Oreos! The pride Oreos are classic Oreo cookies (no bells and whistles) wrapped up in a quirky package design. We at We Rate Oreos hope everyone had a safe and fun June pride month as we continue to celebrate Disability Pride Month in July! We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!


Creativity
V- They could have done more, but the classic Oreo in the fun package is still cute. I think they should have done unique cookie designs if they were going this route.

B- I also wanted to see a little more dazzle here but they do at least have the word "Proud" on them.

Execution 
B- Tbh I was really hoping for rainbow-colored cream. They have done enough different colors of Oreo creams that I don't think it would've been too hard to alternate colors within the package.

V- Sometimes, with all the wild flavors we have, I forget just how good a classic Oreo can be. Still, I think a new flavor could have been fun. Something summery or celebratory, like a cake or cookie dough, would have been better!


Does it Sparkle?
V- The package sparkles! It’s filled with positive messages of love, tolerance, and acceptance! My favorite parts is all the flags representing different peoples in the community. There’s even space to add your own positive message, which could be great if you want to give a personalized gift to your friend!

B- Yes. I love all of the encouraging and happy little messages written on the packaging. The fonts and handwritings and colors are all different. It feels like the whole container is covered in love!

Pairing
V- Pair with mimosas! Celebrate summer and pride with your favorite seasonal drinks! Regular Oreos go well with most things, but I advise to keep it light and fun. 

B- Rosé. Obvi. 


Buy Again?
B- Probably not. These were more expensive than the regular Oreos for the same product. I think they should have donated part of the proceeds to a LGBTQ-related charity.

V- I would! I hope we can still see these on the shelf past June! I agree with B though. They could have done just a little more. 

Overall
V- They should have gone a little more extra, but I loved the positive messages on the package! The world needs more of that.

B- The cookie itself was lacking but I am still happy to see these bring awareness and promote celebration.

The Ratings!
Creativity 
Execution 
Aesthetics 
Pairing 
Buy Again 
Overall  

Comments

  1. This website is super wholesome and it's making me want Oreos :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We strive to be a fun space for everyone! You should def buy some Oreos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos