Gluten Free Oreos

Gluten Freeeeee!
If you can believe it, it was not until the 1940s that the world discovered gluten intolerance! Living gluten-free is not just a diet trend, but vital for the comfort and health of nearly 10% of the world's population. In the past decades, major food/drink companies have been increasingly inclusive in regards to our gluten-free brothers and sisters. Already vegan, Nabisco announced gluten-free Oreos in November 2020. Did they do it with heart, or just jump on the bandwagon? We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!


Creativity
V- I would have loved to have seen this a little earlier, but better late than never! I would not say this is creative flavor, so much as an absolute necessity. Everyone deserves to enjoy classic Oreos.

B- Agreed! Couldn't have said it better myself, V.

Execution
B- Tbh, they were pretty scant on the cream. I would recommend springing for the gluten free double stuff. Do expect that familiar chalky post protein bar aftertaste .

V- I like them! The gluten-free Oreo cookies taste more like a crumbly chocolate cracker than a conventional cookie, but they retain the sweetness of classic Oreos. Gluten-free flour is uniquely powdery and can be polarizing in texture. Luckily, the flour is clearly mixed with good cocoa. Try these with an open mind! They are good, but they do not have the consistency of a regular Oreo.

Does it Sparkle?
V- They look a little sad? I brought them to my classroom so my gluten-free kiddos could enjoy Oreos along with their gluten-forward classmates. Just the three-minute car ride to work had them all falling apart by the time I opened them at school! Then again, maybe that's just my driving? 

B- The cookie is thin and the layering is thin. It's like a sandwich with only the [GF] bread because it's hard to even see the cream. I'm not surprised to hear how easily they fell apart.  

Pairing
B- Getting charcuterie board vibes... 

V- Pair these with gluten-free goodness! Because they are so darn crumbly, you can use them as an ice cream topping (I hear Breyers has gluten-free products). These Oreos are a little smaller and lighter as well, so they could just work as a light snack to have out at a party.

Buy Again?
V- Yes! I have gluten-free people in my life, and I love sharing Oreos with people. 

B- Not for me. But for those persons with dietary restrictions or Celiac's, these are a great alternative. 

Overall
B- I can eat more of these in a row with less guilt than the regular ones. 

V- They are different, but the quality ingredients are there. I am into it.

The Ratings!
Creativity
Execution
Aesthetics
Pairing 
Buy Again
Overall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos