Gingerbread Oreos

Gingerbread History
"And I had but one penny in the world, thou should'st have it to buy gingerbread" (William Shakespeare, "Love's Labor Lost")." Possibly originating in ancient Greece or Egypt, gingerbread has a long and varied globetrotting history. It is now a beloved treat in North America, Europe, Asia, and beyond! Looking for a road trip for the new year? Bryan, Texas features the world's largest gingerbread house; it spans the size of a tennis court! Speaking of the new year, Nabisco reintroduced Gingerbread Oreos just in time for the 2022 holiday season. We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS! 


Creativity
B - Not particularly creative but there's only so much you can do to gingerbread without becoming overwhelmed by multiple strong flavors...

V - Gingerbread is nothing new but, the peppermint filling does add a nice extra element of holiday cheer. The cookie designs are cute, friendly, and nondenominational! Although I only give full creativity points for Oreos that are a little more "out there," I appreciated the subtle elements Nabisco added to the gingerbread editions. 

Execution
V - Full execution points! The cookies have the crisp gingerbread snap we all know and love. I distinctly taste cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and a little bit of honey. Although I have never been gingerbread's biggest fan (gingerbread men scare me), I have to admit that this flavor is spot on! The peppermint filling is also delicious and pairs nicely with the cookies. I have not seen Nabisco produce an Oreo in a while with both the cookies and creme totally redone. I hope this is a sign of good things to come in 2022. 

B - The "crisp" was too crisp for me when I first opened these.  Tbh, after a few days/weeks I enjoyed these so much more!  Becoming a little bit stale softened them to a taste and consistency much more like the gingerbread I'm used to.


Does it Sparkle? 
V - It sure does! The cookies are a warm, fresh-baked brown and the creme is a soothing off-white with speckled peppermint bits.

B - Are they peppermint? I thought they were just sprinkles. If so, they are not very mint-y; They seem to be mostly texture. But, yes, the cookies are a pleasant toffee color and the bits are red, festive, Christmassy. 

Pairing
V - I had a holiday brain blast and used my Magic Bullet to pulverize ten cookies and five cremes into my homemade bourbon-infused egg nog! 10000000000/10 would recommend. 

B - Pairs well with the loneliness of winter holidays in the age of COVID.


Buy Again?
B - Perhaps! They didn't stay on the shelves very long though. 

V - No. I actually do not like gingerbread that much. I tried really hard to rate these fairly though! If you do Iike gingerbread, I think you would like these a lot. 

The Ratings!
Creativity

Execution

Aesthetics 

Pairing

Buy Again

Overall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos