Pokémon Oreos

A Wild Oreo Appears!
Who knew Pikachu loved Oreos? Maybe he'd have told us sooner if he could say more than just his name! September 2021 saw the release of Pokemon Oreos, and the frenzy to catch 'em all is on! Pokemon Oreos blend classic flavors with various cookie designs of your favorite pokemon. You may find a sinister Sableye to a cheerful Charmander, but hold on to the mythical Mew if you get one. They are selling for up to $5,000 on eBay! On that note, we are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!


Creativity
V - I am giving full creativity points. Pokemon Oreos bring fun childhood nostalgia with both original 151 and newer generation designs. With sixteen total pokemon to find, Nabisco brilliantly tapped into the collector spirit that is the heart of the franchise. I found myself looking for my favorite (Psyduck) and driving down memory lane as I sifted through the Squirtles and Jigglypuffs in the process. The journey was the fun part, so I won't hold it against them that everyone's favorite anxiety icon was not included. 

B- Agreed for full creativity points. And, as V said, the package boasts 16 potential characters. Of those, my package contained 14 of them.  In case you were wondering if your favorite made it in, I'll save you the trouble by telling you the ones I found inside: Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Jigglypuff, Cyndaquil, Rowlet, Dratini, Grookey, Lapras, Pancham, Piplup, and Sableye. In case you were also wondering, only 10 of these comes up on spellcheck...   

Execution
B - I don't think I've ever had a pokemon themed dessert before. I was able to identify some of the characters on the cookies but was glad they included the names too lol.

V - The execution was solid. The Sableye took a second to identify because of the dramatic close-up model-shot angle, but everyone else was spot-on! I've loved pokemon even longer than Oreos, and I would know if any of the characters were off. I appreciate the effort to capture the creatures' personalities. The Sandshrew is shy and serious, while Piplup is bright-eyed and playful. Nabisco nailed it!


Does it Sparkle?
V - Yes! The packaging is absolute character chaos, but that's the point! There is a whole world of pokemon to collect, and you never know exactly who will appear. A snooty Snivy? A balled-up Bulbasaur? A graceful Grookey? And no one better come after me for this month's alliteration deep-dive! Just roll with it. 

B - This packaging brings me joy. It is colorful and active and idk all the pokemon just look happy. 

Pairing
V - Keep it simple. Red wine or a sugar-rimmed strawberry margarita will add pokeball colors to the experience! If you are trying to drive at some point, a mango "Pickachu-yellow" icee also pairs beautifully.

B - Continuing with the fruity trend: Go for double nostalgia and pair with a Capri Sun or Hug juice barrel. 

Buy Again?
V - Maybe! I would like a Mew cookie to supplement my income. 

B - Not opposed. I'm sure I've got a small child in my family that would think I'm extra cool if I brought these. Plus, I forgot how much I love the original Oreo cookie taste (what with all the flavored Oreo sampling that comes along with doing this blog). And these are so much better with peanut butter than the Gingerbread Oreos (spoiler!). 

The Ratings!

Creativity

Execution

Does it Sparkle?


Pairing 


Buy Again


Overall 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos