White Fudge-Covered Oreos

Winter Vibes
Technically, "white chocolate" does not exist. Although missing cocoa bean ingredients that are vital to real chocolates, do not count this decadent treat out! White chocolate is pure sweetness and gives a striking, wintery image when prepared with a little TLC. In January 2019, Nabisco released white fudge-covered Oreos and they have since held their own with the chocolate counterparts. If white chocolate is the awkward underdog of the dessert world, do these cookies finally give it the love it deserves? We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!

Creativity
V- The more I think about this flavor, the more I want to give it creativity points. In my family, I am the only one who prefers white chocolate treats and I know my level of adoration for white chocolate is rare. Creativity always involves a little risk, and elevating the white chocolate to the same level as the more beloved chocolate fudge cookies earns some merit in my book.

B- I give it points, too - but not as many. Winter in particular seems to be associated with increase of white chocolate. People do dipped homemade pretzels, white chocolate trail mix, etc. This time of year people like to try their hands at fondue-like desserts so I see milk, dark, and white chocolate used rather frequently for this. Plus, Oreo didn't have to change their cookie at all; They simply dunked it.


Execution
B- It tastes like Christmas!  It might just be me, but these cookies tasted nostalgic. We always had someone that made and brought dipped Oreos to our Christmas Day party from their family's cookie exchange. The only thing missing on these were the festive sprinkles! 

V- Phenomenal execution! The white fudge is smooth, creamy, decadent, and sweet. You get an even balance of fudge, chocolate cookie, and creme. The fudge has a hint of vanilla and acts as the starring flavor without completely overwhelming the classic Oreo components inside. 

Does it Sparkle? 
V- Yes! I love the packaging with the Oreos covered in snow. This may be the closest thing I get to a white Christmas in Ohio this year! Break this holiday special in half, and you will see beautiful white and brown layers. The white chocolate Oreos are straight-up classy!

B- Yep; they have a very smooth white and glossy appearance. The chocolate coating is very even with no bubbles and clean, rounded edges. Honestly, it just looks sleek and modern. Which aren't really cookie-like descriptions, but there ya go lol.  


Pairing
V- Mulled wine! Pick out your favorite red wine, mix in some brown sugar and mulling spices, and you will have the perfect holiday paring. The warm spices will compliment the sweetness of the white chocolate and the rich red color will provide a bold contrast next to the snow-hued cookies. 

B- They're pretty rich so something that will cleanse the palette in between. I like V's idea with the wine. I might even suggest more of a berry wine?  Maybe blackberry or blueberry wine. They say the sweetness of white chocolate is thought to pair well with the more acidic fruits.

Buy Again?
B- Perhaps. Though I've already got my eye on the fudge covered mint Oreos to try next time...

V- Yes! I would get these every holiday season and share them with my family. 



Final Thoughts
V- One of my favorite holiday Oreos! Thank you for giving white chocolate the care it deserves, Nabisco! 

B- Well done, Oreo. You brought a taste of familiarity to my virtual Christmas this year.  

The Ratings!
Creativity
Execution
Aesthetics
Pairing
Buy Again?
Overall


Comments

  1. "White chocolate" is just sugar butter and you can't change my mind
    However, I think it is important to note here that it is "White Fudge" - which IS sugar, butter and milk AND not necessarily chocolate. So, in my mind, extra points for terminology.
    But, I am with B on the creativity - this is just a dunked cookie which, as V noted, is something families have been doing on their own since the dawn of the oreo. That may make this the perfect pandemic christmas cookie though, since those cookie laden party tables are (or at least should be!) absent for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jess! Thank you for joining our spirited discussion! White chocolate is totally just delicious sugar butter :) We hope you had a fun, safe, Oreo-filled holiday!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos