S'mores Oreo

S'moreos!
Flower Power! The first s'more recipe appeared in a 1927 Girl Scout guidebook. Because nobody over twelve could ever concoct such a genius dessert. And few treats are so divisive. Do you blacken the marshmallow beyond all reason? Or are they best lightly toasted? In 2016, Nabisco released S'mores Oreos as a part of their spring/summer collection! Will these cookies have you nostalgically singing your favorite campfire songs? Let's find out! We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS! 


The package may be wrinkly but the taste is all there!

Flavor Creativity

V- S'more flavor is to summer as pumpkin spice is to fall. And I am happy about it, but I can't give it major points for creativity. It's as delicious as it is familiar. If you are looking for a more out-there summer Oreo, give the watermelon or pop rocks cookies a go! 

B- I'll be honest: I'd eat anything labeled "s'more." That being said, it's in-between in the creativity realm. V summed it up pretty well with her seasons analogy. 


Flavor Execution

V- They are pretty good! These Oreos have two distinct cremes, chocolate and marshmallow, beneath graham cracker cookies. I know Oreo has had toasted marshmallow flavor out in the past, but the marshmallow flavor in the s'mores version tastes like untoasted fluff and the chocolate layer is in the same boat! I wonder what would happen if you just roasted them over a campfire to your liking? 

B- I thought it did well on the execution. I could taste both cream flavors pretty equally. But yeah, they miss that melting aesthetic. But, I also don't want my cookie to be melting. 







Does it Sparkle?
V- They sparkle! Every summer, Oreo fine tunes the S'Mores Oreos' aesthetic. The subtle little trees on this year's packaging make me feel ready for picnic season. I also love how you can see the two cremes stacked between the cookies. They look just how a cookie s'more should!

B - Are you sure we looked at the same packaging? I thought the box itself was pretty generic. It had some s'mores behind some Oreos. But overall I think it's a pretty cookie.  

Pairing

V-  Is it just me, or is there something wonderful about s'mores and cheap beer? Enjoy them on a beautiful summer evening with a little Natty Light. For family outings, they are a great edition to summer picnics! 

B- Pairs with milk and an open fire. 



S'more Weather


Buy Again?

B- Definitely. Just haven't been able to find them again. The seasonal ones are as wonderful to eat as they are fleeting in shelf life. 

V- For sure! I've been buying them every summer for years now. They are popular though and disappear quickly from the shelves.



Final Thoughts
V- It's a solid Oreo that fills our most basic summer cravings. I think the old-timey girl scouts would be proud. 

B- It does make me think of warmer days, too. God bless the girl scouts. 




Flavor Creativity



Flavor Execution



Aesthetics



Pairing


Buyability




Overall


Want more Oreos? Subscribe above! We love our readers!

Comments

  1. Lovin' your blog! Took your advice on the pistachio oreos and they were uniquely delightful. Keep the reviews coming! ��❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pistachio ones are B's favorite :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos