Winter Has Come


Game of Thrones: Oreo Edition
Winter has come. We are watching right with our readers in hopes that our pick for the Iron Throne triumphs. Even Nabisco joined the fray, releasing Oreos: Game of Thrones in April 2019. While they couldn't flavor the creme with the blood of our enemies, these double-stuffed delights feature intricate cookie artwork honoring House Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, and the Night King. In the spirit of bloody battles and scandalous betrayals, this is sure to be a brutally honest review. We are B and V and WE RATE OREOS!




Creativity
V - Major creativity points and perfect timing! I laughed out loud at the package, with the Oreo taking its place on the Iron Throne. Then shuddered at the atrocities it must have committed to get there. I am glad they are just regular double-stuffed. Nabisco focused on making beautiful designs while keeping the flavor accessible.

B- Also giving it major creativity points here. Unlike other food products that will just change the label for advertising, Oreo made changes to the actual cookie [product] itself! 


Theme EXECUTION
B - The designs were easily recognizable. Not too over-detailed to get blurry and not too basic to look dumb either. I kind of wanted them to throw in a few of the other house crests but that's just because I was getting greedy. They hit the major players so I will cede.  

V - Well done! The cookie art really captured the drama of the story. Delicate lines criss-cross, overlap, and interlock to make gorgeous medieval-styled designs. The Oreo King of Westeros on the package gives just a hint of levity without coming off too gimmicky. They’re both fun and thoughtfully made.



Does it Sparkle?
V- Yes! The cover is as dark and mysterious as the Night King himself. The cookies are beautiful and I can’t say that enough. My roommates and I had way too much fun with this week’s photos because they are so darn picturesque!

B- Agreed. I could pick them out from the other side of the aisle. It reminded me of all the adventure and drama of the show and felt dirgeful and exciting and like I was getting way too many feelings over a cookie. 




Pairing
V - Goes well with dragon battles, ice zombies, traumatizing weddings, and the cry of Hodor. What do you think, B?

B - And they say I'm the dark/emo one... Just pair like you would pair with the original Oreos. My personal favorite is with peanut butter. And it counts as a meal too, right? It's got protein. Pretty sure you had this with some GoT wine though didn't you, V? I've heard there are some other liquors out utilizing the theme so why not. 




Buy Again?
B - Likely not. Just because I don't usually buy the original Oreos (I've gotten used to this sampling of the new flavors). Well unless I was hosting a GoT watch party. 

V - I just might! Especially because I love the books, I’ll def want these by my side again. 
George R.R. Martin, if you read this, please release Winds of Winter while I am still young!

Final Thoughts
V - I am just so excited that Oreo honored GoT! I love that we get to enjoy this story together, and Oreos’ contribution to the powerful tale that has tapped into the hearts and minds of people all over the globe. May your favorite characters stay alive just a little longer!

B - As a fellow GoT fan, I already knew I was going to like these. And I liked them. 

We Rate Oreos! 

Creativity





Theme EXECUTION







Aesthetics 







Buy Again?



Overall







Do you love Oreos as much as we do? Subscribe at the top of the page and be the first to tune in to our next post, Pistachio Oreos!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos