Carrot Cake Oreos


Carrot Cake Oreos: Origins 
Carrot Cake! This familiar treat dates back to the fourteenth century, but nobody knows exactly where it came from. Medieval Europeans used carrots for pudding and sugar substitutes and likely developed the first carrot cakes along the way. The past may be murky, but the future is bright for Carrot Cake lovers! In January 2019, Carrot Cake Oreos became available to all. The middles are cream cheese goodness, and the the cookies pack carrot cake flavor. We are B and V, and WE RATE OREOS!



Flavor Creativity
V-Carrot Cake flavor is a safe bet. It's already a delicious household name! Dessert creativity for me is thinking more outside the box, like Oreo has done in the past with "Wasabi" or "Swedish Fish." The CCOs are still delicious and nostalgic! They do carrot cake, a flavor I know and love, right.

B-I think it's fairly creative. Like moreso than just putting a snowflake on it and coloring the icing red and calling it "Winter." To give readers some background of our reviewers, we should preface that V made a cactus pie last week so the threshold for creativity is gonna be slightly different between the two of us. But yes, it is a dessert classic so I get what you're saying, too, V.


Breaking News!


Flavor Execution
V-The flavor was all there! They tasted like carrot cake! How does Oreo do it? Do I want to know? The cookies had a spiced, nutmeg essence to them. The middle tasted just like cream cheese frosting (the most important part). Even without the packaging, I would have guessed these were carrot cake. They were so good, it makes we wonder why I don't see more carrot-based treats on the market. Carrot Ice Cream? Carrot Popsicles? The possibilities are endless.

B-They tasted pretty much like carrot cake. But with the texture of an Oreo. (Also, I do not endorse the popsicles but the ice cream I could get on board with.)

Does it Sparkle?
B-It's a good-looking cookie. We know it's been processed, but it doesn't look artificial. Like the brownish gold color is what you'd expect of carrot cake and the icing is the ivory of a sweet cream cheese.

V-I agree! It looks like a carrot cake! So appetizing! The cookie is light brown with little "carrot" flecks and the inside a pleasant off-white color just like the real cream cheese frosting. This cookie is beautiful inside and out!

Pairing
V-You have options! Of course, plain milk goes wonderfully with the CCOs. I consider this (or any cake flavor) a good "breakfast Oreo" to eat with your morning tea.

B-Oh... are we abbreviating it now? CCOs should be paired with anything you'd normally drink when eating cake. Like V said, milk or tea are perfect.  I drink hot water with everything - something my brother informs me is a serial killer trait - so to each his or her own.




Buy Again?
B-Already bought again. My family found them in the cupboard at the house and they were gone in like two days. My favorite thieves. Thankfully Kroger is right across the street.

V-Maybe? I am already looking forward to the next flavors and the CCOs might be on their way off the shelves as we speak.

Final Thoughts
V-These are great. It was cruel to release these in January. I imagine many healthy living New Years resolutions died hard and fast.

B-
These were a b***h to track down. I went to two separate Targets and Walmarts and they were sold out. Rite Aid and CVS don't carry beyond the basic Oreo usually.  Of course once they made it to the grocery store I randomly encountered them in the checkout line on a sushi run.  But they were worth the search imo.


We Rate Oreos (5 Oreos=Stellar, 1=Horrendous)
Flavor Creativity 





Flavor Execution




 Aesthetics
hhhh



Overall


hhhhhhh



We love Oreos! Follow our blog and be the first to tune in to our next post, "Oreo: Dark Chocolate!"







                       


Comments

  1. I love this blog! So informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this! I wanted to try these so bad but I'm just not that adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are very good! They taste just like carrot cake and use the same ingredients. Maybe try them in a group with your friends? We'd love to know what you think of them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

Cookies-N-Cream

Space Dunk Oreos

Cotton Candy Oreos